Friday, 18 November 2011

Time just keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking...

My day to was crazy. From 9:00 to 3:30 the biggest break I had was fifteen minutes between choir and opera workshop, and lunch was two granola bars... sigh. WHY, UNIVERSITY?!! WHY?!!

The good news is that it's now 4:01 pm, and I have now eaten a full supper, and I am sitting in a quaint, comfy lounge/cafe at school, and Josh Groban and Michael Buble are singing me Christmas songs. Someone is hanging Christmas lights around the perimeter of the room, and Christmas trees are being erected, and best of all, I don't have to be anywhere else until 4:30!

But best, BEST of all, today in choir we sang the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah - and friends, when I say "we", I mean "we" as in 80+ women and men. It's so epic, and I just get shivers all over me when I sing it. Remember last Christmas season when it became popular to organize flash mobs of the Hallelujah Chorus? I would always watch those Youtube videos, and long that I could be there, experiencing that beauty. Well, I guess a choir practice isn't EXACTLY a flash mob, but nevertheless, the beauty of Handel's Messiah is in every way present there.


Anyways, it's now 4:13, and I should probably do something productive (like sleep) before my next practice at 4:30.
But before you finish reading this, take a little time to indulge your ears in this wonderful phenomenon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU

Adios, friends!

♫ C ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment