Breanna: I want to say that my experience was petrifying. Here are some of my rules for keyboard skills midterm
1) Count your bars. Always play 16, not 8 bars. ... I know it sounds simple but it not.
2) When feeling disappointed watch what you say. I find when adrenaline is rushing through my veins I swear and I HATE swearing.
3) Don't care too little and don't care too much, (it's all about the right amount of care)
After my midterm I felt some serious anxiety but there is no point...... honestly as my sister said "It's just a midterm..
Catherine:
Weeeelllll at least it's done. My biggest issue leading up to it was that I didn't think I had practiced my rhythms enough (NON-MUSIC STUDENTS: Try clapping one rhythm, and speaking a different rhythm. Just try it.). As it turns out, the ones I practiced the most turned out to be on the midterm, so, phewf about that. I wasn't perfect though - again, if you're not a music student, try improvising in a canon, fast, and then try to count to 16 at the same time. Just try it.
Now I have a midterm on Tuesday, and a midterm on Wednesday. Then I have a recital, a concert, and an essay. Non-students? Just try it.
But I'm happy! I got NINE glorious hours of sleep last night, and I was singing - SINGING??!! - as I walked into school. It may just end up being a good day.
Breanna and Catherine:
Hot water is good. Have a good day.
Ipl8er. (Definition: I'll post later.)
K bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment